The Namekagon River Partnership is teaming up with the The St. Croix River Association to host our annual volunteer cleanup of the Namekagon River. Details: Date: April 28, 2018 Time: 8:00 am Location: Meet at the Hayward City Beach, Hayward, WI We will be meeting at 8am at the Hayward City Beach in Hayward, Wisconsin.…
Who is NRP?
The Namekagon River Partnership (NRP) is a citizen-based group that supports and promotes educational opportunity, scientific study, and stewardship of the Namekagon River and its natural resources for the benefit of partners, the general public, and future generations.
The NRP is dedicated to supporting, promoting, and providing activities that enhance stewardship, awareness, and enjoyment of the Namekagon River, and its watershed.
- Enhance cooperation and communication among NRP partners: individuals, organizations, business and industry, the educational community, and agencies.
- Expand awareness of the ecological, cultural, and historical significance of the Namekagon River.
- Enhance the scientific understanding of the river’s health by investigating impacts negatively affecting the river, its water, and its plants and animals.
- Promote the understanding and awareness of the Namekagon River watershed, focusing on how a healthy watershed sustains a healthy river.
- Promote resource stewardship of the lands, waters, plants and animals within the watershed.
- Build a stronger working relationship with the National Park Service (NPS), the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR), Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission (GLIFWC), U.S. Forest Service (USFS), and the Lac Courte Oreilles and St. Croix Tribes; within the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway boundary.