Short History of Highway 63

Image and text from The History of Wisconsin’s Northwoods – 350 Years in the Seeley Hills by Jim Schirott. Reprinted with permission. “Wisconsin Highway 24, now called U.S. Highway 63 is pictured running north through downtown Seeley around 1915.  Electric poles reflect the height of civility. On the left is the Uhrenholdt farm, which was located…